Sub-Divisional Magistrate (Kabi)
|1||SUMAN GURUNG||2013||AUGUST 2014|
|2.||Mrs Bandana Chettri||2014||TILL DATE|
Brief description of the Office- The SDM- Kabi is the overall in-charge of Sub-Divisional Magistrate Office, which is located at kabi (Lapcha), North Sikkim. He is under the control of District Collector (North), Mangan- North Sikkim and reports directly to the DC (North).
Important Information- The SDM (Kabi) Office was set-up in the month of of September, 2014 and it was formally inaugurated by Shri TT Bhutia, Hon’ble Minister SNT Govt of Sikkim on 3rd October, 2013 in the presence of District Collector (North), SDM- kabi, Zilla Panchayat, Gram Panchayats, Sub-Divisonal Officers, Officials and Public of Sub Division- kabi.
At present the Office is established at lapcha near Forest Check-Post, Kabi. Previously, it was a Guest House under Tourism Department, later for establishment of the SDM Office it has been handed over to LR & DM Department. The distance from the State Capital (Gangtok) is 17 kms (approx). The GPS point is 27 degree 24’ 01. 35’’ North & 88 degree 36’ 38. 64’’ East.
Territorial Jurisdiction- There are two Revenue Circles and 17 Revenue Blocks, namely-
1. Revenue Circle- Phensong Revenue Blocks under Phensong- Chawang, Kabi, Labi, Men Rongong, Tingda, Phamtam & Pani Phensang.
2. Revenue Circle- Namok Revenue Blocks under Namong- Tumlong, Phodong, Rongong, Ramthang, Swayam, Namok, Upper Mangshila, Lower Mangshila, Tingchim & Tanek.
Being a new establishment, a full set of manpower is not yet posted. In order to make it fully functional, the minimum required strength of manpower needs to be posted, which are as under:
|Sl.No||Designation||No. of persons required|
|Sub-Divisional Magistrate||1 No|
|1.||Revenue Officer||1 No.|
|2.||Revenue Inspector/Head Surveyor||1 No.|
|3.||Revenue Supervisor||3 Nos.|
|4.||Asstt. Revenue Supervisor||2 Nos.|
|4.||Head Assistant/UDC||1 No.|
|5.||Registration Clerk||1 No.|
|6.||Accountant/Jr. Accountant||1 No.|
|10.||Computer Operator||1 No.|
|10.||Quick Rescue Team(QRT)||4 Nos.|
|11.||Night Guard||1 No.|
Present status of manpower posted at the Sub-Division Office-
|Sl.No||Name of Persons||Designation||Contact No.|
|1.||Mrs Bandana Chettri||Sub-Divisional Magistrate||9593787789/7076733489|
|2.||Mr Nimzang Bhutia||Head surveyor||9434257321|
|3.||Ms. Norsang D. Bhutia||Revenue surveyor||9733018055|
|4.||Ms Yanchen BHUTIA||Revenue surveyor||7602094979|
|4.||Mr. S.B. Subba||
|5.||Mr. B.D. Biswakarma||A.R.S.||9434169593|
|6.||Ms. Thungwa Limboo||
|Mr. Mingmar Sherpa||Driver||9002912997|
|8.||Mr. Tashi Topgay||Safaikarmachari||8972463193|
|9.||Ms. Passang Doma Bhutia||Peon||7407385437|
- Submission of field reports regarding Natural Calamities (NC).
- Spot verification for NC protective works and preparation of verification reports.
- Issues Completion Reports for works taken up under NDRF and MPLED.
- Maintenance of Land records of private holdings and acquired by the Govt.
- Supervision of special summary revision of Electoral Rolls 2014 for election purpose
- Issue of cadastral map, Collection of Land Revenue and Settlement of land disputes as per the record.
- Prepares bills for land compensation and standing properties for Government Projects.
- Coordinates for Celebration of National and State Programmes.
Once, the requisite manpower is posted, the Land Registration works and issue of computerised Parcha shall be taken up, including issue of various documents like- ST/SCT/MBC/OBC Certificates, Income Certificate, Unmarried Certificate etc.